Monday, May 21, 2012

Pentecost Novena -4th Day

Monday - The Spirit Gives Life to Dry Bones

"Thus says the Lord God to these bones: I will cause breath to enter you, and you shall live." Ez. 37:5

Come, Holy Spirit, fill our hearts with your love.
Set our lives aflame with your gifts.
Grant us wisdom to choose what is good and true;
understanding to embrace your plan of salvation;
right judgment to act according to your will;
courage to share our faith with others;
knowledge to live as disciples of Jesus Christ;
reverence to respond faithfully to your grace each day;
and awe and wonder in your presence.
Inspire us with enthusiasm for our Catholic faith.
Grant us boldness to proclaim the good news of salvation in Jesus Christ,
and help us to bring the transforming power of the gospel to our world.
We make this prayer through Christ, our Lord. Amen

1 Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mary, I just bought a book on Catholic Novenas so I can organize myself better. I tend to find out in the middle of a novena that there is one to pray!! Praying all is well with you and your family. How's that puppy of yours doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Noreen!
    How are you? I have a book of Novenas too :) The one I have up is from a church I attend during the week. I put it up last year on another blog thinking they would do the same Novena this year but it's a totally different one! I like it even more than this one! I should have waited and put the new one up - it's sooo beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noreen,
    We have two puppies now! They are both cute and doing well but they aren't training easily when it comes to doing their "stuff" outside or on the puppy pad though. I just don't get it - they can hold it all night and go do their business outside in the morning and forget the rest of the time (well, a lot anyway) and go on my carpet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am good, thanks for asking Mary! Are you still working a lot of hours helping your mom out?

    Two puppies, is double the joy yet double the work! I remember those puppy potty training days very well. They are so worth the time and effort needed to train them. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete