Saturday, May 19, 2012

Pentecost Novena - Day 2


Saturday - Jesus' Promise of the Advocate

"When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth."   Jn 16:13

Come, Holy Spirit, fill our hearts with your love.
Set our lives aflame with your gifts.
Grant us wisdom to choose what is good and true;
understanding to embrace your plan of salvation;
right judgment to act according to your will;
courage to share our faith with others;
knowledge to live as disciples of Jesus Christ;
reverence to respond faithfully to your grace each day;
and awe and wonder in your presence.
Inspire us with enthusiasm for our Catholic faith.
Grant us boldness to proclaim the good news of salvation in Jesus Christ,
and help us to bring the transforming power of the gospel to our world.
We make this prayer through Christ, our Lord.    Amen

1 Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory Be

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Mary. It is so encouraging to see so many people involved in spreading this novena. Come Holy Spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Thank you.
    I will be confirmed on Pentecost!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi DG!
    I cheated and cut and pasted it from my other blog last year :)If only I had known you could copy posts like that instead of typing them all by hand (tough for a one finger typist). It is a beautiful Novena and I wanted to do it again this year. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rayanne,
    That's awesome! I will keep you in my prayers!
    I visited your blog and thought it was beautiful! My husband is from Texas too and converted to Catholicism in 2000. His family still lives in Texas - it's a gorgeous state. Whenever I go down there I feel like I can pluck the stars right out of the sky :)

    ReplyDelete